Monday, September 18, 2006



"Beginning" 24x48 oil,lace and jewelry on canvas


"Fantasy Art of Exotic Women"

featuring

"In Search Of Klimt"Series


"I search for Klimt!" the artist in me spoke spoke boldly .

"Ahhh, then we must start at the Beginning!" said the Wind.

Pulling out oils, my canvas, poems and stories from an old wooden case, turquoise, silver leaf and jewels thrust past the lid and met the open sky.

The Wind confirmed my journey, "Your fantasy begins now, paint freely beautiful women goddess art "

And so I did.



"Beginning" is the first oil painting I did in my quest for the passions of Gustav Klimt. I wanted my fantasy art of exotic women to be full of energy and determination. Searching out the exotic meant distant foreign lands, birds not normally encountered, perhaps I would come across a magic swan? To search for Klimt meant to know emotion well and not to be afraid of what those emotions might tell me thus far unknown to science. I start my fantasy art woman paintings with music, usually Enigma; Dead Can Dance or something from Loreena McKennitt. Then I open my heart and the fantasy art woman inside of me begins. It feels like a daydream, a magical adventure. It is a dance and I become covered with all the colors seen in my oil paintings and on my palette. My imagining becomes so real that sometimes I can hear them breathing. It isn't the realism of the brushstroke on watercolor paper or canvas that I capture in this series, ahh no. It is something less tangible than a rendering. Have you ever met an accomplishment you thought you couldn't? Then stand back and wonder where the energy came from and like lace and whispers you say, "Did I do that, did this come from me alone?" Sometimes feeling startled by the women and their presence, something imported from another time in space captures me. I pause from the dance, focus my eyes and I see life. I breath in the art of the exotic women I paint. It is all a dance waiting to surface.

Soon to be on it's own website and available in greeting cards, posters, prints on fine watercolor paper and giclee fine art prints.

No comments: