Thursday, January 29, 2009

Drawings of Scorpions and Introducing You to Your Own Tail-Yes How to Draw a Scorpion



"Drawings of Scorpions and Introducing You to Your Own Tail-Yes How to Draw a Scorpion"

Drawings of scorpions
sketches, drawings
of a serpents tail.
I feel their shell
and I become the work
I become the graphite
on the clear white pages
over and over to understand
just how enlightened can an artist be
when patterns are met by the hand?

Scorpion drawings
line my closet.
I hold my moods off balance
off center
dark
light
seeking daylight
yes
daylight.
Taken from my hidden rock
not to be exposed
just free to be myself.

Today
I am somehow entombed
by a lack of expression
my tail doth wane
I cannot feel my tongue
I am folded up
and set aside in secret drawers.
I long to be mesmerized
free from self imposed impositions.

Holding up a mirror
I see my scorpion
backwards
just like I feel I am
at times...
muted song and all.

I am like a memory
just a drawing
trying to create some sort of solum oath
fierce yet frail
dangerous if you provoke me
mindless if the sun is free to meet my back
and sees you wanting
me.
How to draw a scorpion?
You ask...
again?

In flight
I could go anywhere
stare at embankments
and then?
Just jump off!
Yes...
just leap into the abyss.
Why not?

But alas
I am not a bird nor dragonfly
not even a fly on ones wall.
I am inside my drawings
drawings of scorpions
because of you
because you said you'd like to see them.

You promised that you would not
slur your words anymore.
I demand that oath.
Sketches and drawings
colors lined up and waiting for atonement
say it as clear as you can
and I
might
follow you.

Stop asking me how to draw scorpions
OK?
Time to beacon your own.
Scorpion drawings
line my closet.

by Kathy Ostman-Magnusen
copyright 2009

The image is called "Primal Block Party l" by me, Kathy Ostman-Magnusen
It consists of NINE 3x3x2 individual stretched canvas blocks. This is part of my "Primal Series", there are many more to this series... ask Bob or check out http://www.barebrush.com and look for me amount artists under the letter 'O' for Ostman-Magnusen.

To purchase this or any of my ORIGINAL art please contact Bob Hogge at Monkdogz Urban Art, New York. http://www.monkdogz.com


My page on Monkdogz: http://www.monkdogz.com/chelseagallery/artistart/Magnusen/artist_magnusen.htm

Need some inspiration? Watch one of my favorite YouTubes:

Antony & The Johnsons: "Epilepsy Is Dancing" from their new release The Crying Light

~~*~~


Antony & The Johnsons: Epilepsy Is Dancing
~~*~~

~~*~~

No comments: