Wednesday, January 07, 2009

If I Could Be Your Angel-Or... If YOU Might Be Mine (?)





OK... so here is how it works; all those inspirations and how they find their way to canvas;how it works for me anyway. A friend on MySpace sent me some pics, these quotes below and a YouTube that shows a drawing, not the one above, but yes this song.
Sooo I felt and feel inspired by it all. I am not into 'angels' nor biblical agenda's but find a certain comfort in the magic these quotes and angels suggest. I have added one pic sent by my MySpace friend and one of my own "Primal Block Party 1", for I am indeed in chains to my own evils and angels of the artist soul. I like the image of angels here because it suggests some sort of secret. I feel inspired by the whole thing and plan on doing some art regarding chains, angels and all those demons that surface when we allow reality in.

Quotes:

Yes, love indeed is light from heaven; A spark of that immortal fire with angels shared, by Allah given to lift from earth our low desire.
~Lord Byron

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
~Lucretius

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.
~George MacDonald

I love good and pleasure, I hate evil and pain, I want to be happy and I am not mistaken in believing, that people, angels and even demons have those same inclinations.
~Nicolas Malebranche

It is not known precisely where angels dwell whether in the air, the void, or the planets. It has not been God's pleasure that we should be informed of their abode.
~Voltaire

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
~Socrates

It is by suffering that human beings become angels.
~Victor Hugo

For why should we not admire more the angels themselves and the blessed choirs of heaven?
~Giovanni Pico della Mirandola

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.
~George Edward Moore

Angels are spirits, flames of fire; they are higher than man, they have wider connections.
~Matthew Simpson

Adam was placed in Paradise in perfect estate, and in the company of God's angels; God walked and did talk with him. He heard the voice, and beheld the presence of God.
~John Jewel

A babe in the house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for innocence on earth, a link between angels and men.
~Martin Farquhar Tupper

No comments: